Opening My Mission Call

Opening My Mission Call
August 16, 2010

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spain Here I Come!

Well, the time has finally come!!! Adios Tuscaloosa, Hola Malaga Spain!!!!! I just got word about an hour ago that I will be finally leaving for Spain!!! I got my visa and leave on Thursday!!!!! It's surreal that it is finally happening, but the time has come!!! I am so excited! It is bittersweet though, I was really loving the people of Tuscaloosa and Alabama was starting to grow on me. I was starting to really love the ward and all of the people. We had this investigator that is even getting baptized this Saturday. He is totally awesome and is just a great guy. His testimony is strong and I just wish I could see him get baptized. I was bummed when I realized that I would miss it.

Anyways, some items of interest.... Considering I leave Thursday, everyones letters to me need to be sent to Spain now. I sent a bunch of people letters today so just know that that return address is wrong. I'm not entirely sure what happens if I receive a package after Thursday, but if it gets sent back to you, it's because I am in Spain!!! Anyways, this past week has been awesome as well. There isn't something that completely stood out as awesome, it was just a good week. My birthday was kinda strange. I didn't tell anyone it was my birthday because I just wanted it to be another work day but it was still weird to be out and about working on a day that is usually filled with celebration. Once people did figure out it was my birthday we celebrated in small ways. For example, they know how much I love Krispy Kreme (To my horror there was one right across the street of our apartment) and how much I was tempted everyday to get some and buy dozens, so they went ahead and got me some donuts. It was a nice little gift. Other than that most of the week has been normal. I got my haircut yesterday and it is way short. It is the shortest I think I have ever had my hair.... ever. But, now I don't have to worry about it for awhile which is good.

I wish I could talk more but I don't have much time. I need to start packing and what not, so I will talk to you all later!!! Thank you all for the love and support and all the birthday cards!!! I loved every single one!

Love,
Elder Steven Card

No comments:

Post a Comment