Opening My Mission Call

Opening My Mission Call
August 16, 2010

Friday, February 4, 2011


So.... I am here!!!! In the MTC..... Sorry, I haven't been able to update everyone lately, but I am actually still here in the MTC. Here is the deal... Last Friday night i had this killer toothache so I called the doctor because it actually had kept me up all night because it hurt so bad. i got only two hours of sleep that night. I figured that since it didn't hurt when I took Asprin that I could live off of that. Well, i did that all saturday and then I had already taken 8 asprin (the max for the day) and it was still hurting so that is when I called the doctor.
The doctor went ahead and - over the phone - gave me a prescription of amoxicilin and lortab and said he would see me on Monday (the day of my departure), therefore meaning I was delayed. Quick funny story about that: The prescription was to take 1 amoxicillin 3 times a day and 1 lortab as needed. Well I thought it said take one packet not one pill. So I took packet of amoxicillin which has 6 pills in it, and I took one packet of Lortab which had two. So I OD'd on those drugs by like 400%. I was surprised I didn't have to get my stomach pumped but apparently (according to my zone) I was wasted and completely out of it. Well I saw the dentist Monday and he said I needed a root canal. The rest of that day was interesting. There were only 3 of us left in our district. Me (who was delayed), my companion (Who suddenly got his visa so he was leaving Tuesday) and one other who also got delayed. So Tuesday came and my comp left and then i went to the dentist to get the dreaded root canal. it was not that painful but i was numb forever afterwards. The doctor wanted me to stay at the MTC until he felt that i was healed fully, so i had zero idea when i was going to leave.
On wednesday, me and my new companion basically just did a lot of service that day. We cleaned some of the dorm rooms, became hosts for new missionaries and even volunteered at the TRC to become "investigators" for missionaries wanting to practice. Finally, at the end of that day I got my new travel plans. So these are my new travel plans: The exact same as before, except now it's on a Saturday. So tomorrow I will board the AA flight to Dallas at 8am and then go from Dallas to Birmingham and arrive at around 4pm. So if you sent me mail this past week to Alabama, sorry but I haven't got it yet. I will collect it all at once on Saturday!!
But it is finally time to go into the mission field unless I fall and break my leg or something. I am really excited. In fact, I am more comfortable now to go into the mission field more so than I was on last Saturday. I feel like I can speak Spanish pretty well. I actually feel like it is easier to teach the Gospel in Spanish and I, without even thinking, speak some words in Spanish when I am trying to talk to someone in English. Of course, I know that when i actually get out in to the field i will be shell shocked and realize I don't know much at all, but at least for right now I feel good at where I am at.
So I know everyone has been thinking I have been in the mission field, but I actually have been here in the MTC this whole time, sorry!!! But I am for sure leaving tomorrow at 5am to the SLC airport. Wish me luck and I will talk to you all soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment