Opening My Mission Call

Opening My Mission Call
August 16, 2010

Monday, January 23, 2012

¿Huércal.... Qué?

"So Elder Card you ready to go?!?!"
"Wh....what? Ummm..... yes?"
"Okay good. Transfer time! You're going to...."
And that's pretty much how the conversation started on Friday night when President called me. It came a little bit as a shock but not really because I have been here for 6 months already. This Wednesday I will be going to..... Huércal-Overa! Do you know where that is? Neither do I..... It is a small pueblo of less than 20,000 people and this closest "big" city it is by is Lorca. That might be a bit more familiar since Lorca was the place that got destroyed by the Spanish earthquake last year. I will be companions with Elder Marchello and it looks like I will be killing him. President just likes sending me with people who are dying haha. I don't know why, but I'm excited. I don't know Marchello but he will go home in a couple months so I need to keep him animated until then.
What could be the most nerve wracking thing? Being the district leader over your former AP and Zone Leaders. Being DL here was fun and easy, and I enjoyed it since everyone was younger than me haha. Now, I will be district leader over two former zone leaders of mine and the ex-assistant to the President. Talk about a humbling assignment. What could I possibly teach them?! These are the experts and the best of the best! I am pretty nervous to go over there to be completely honest.
I started saying my goodbyes to the ward members as soon as I found out and it was pretty sad. It wasn't tearful, but it's true that I might never see these people again, well, personally. In the meantime, I have been teaching Elder Wells how to take over the area since it is geographically gigantic. He is also still trying to learn how to drive the car and so I am having to teach him that while at the same time teaching him directions. He will have to learn eventually so we'll see if he can get the hang of it by Wednesday.
I leave on Wednesday morning and it's brutal. I leave at 745am and travel to Granada by bus and arrive at 1115. Then I get on another bus from Granada to Huércal-Overa and arrive at 1600. That's a lot of sleeping time on that bus. I'm excited for that haha. Well... I don't know what else to say. That's the most recent update. I think next week will be really interesting and I'll send photos. Both of my goodbyes from this past week and my welcome to my new area next week (I forgot my camera cord today). Well, until next week I suppose!
Love
Elder Card


Well, of course I need to give you all my new address I almost forgot! How else can you send me anything it is that you want to send me =)
Elder Steven G. Card
Calle Silvestre Martinez de Haro 21, 2B
04600 Huércal-Overa
Almeria
España




No comments:

Post a Comment