Opening My Mission Call

Opening My Mission Call
August 16, 2010

Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 16 - Baptisms and more Baptisms!!

The last week wasn't actually anything too exciting. Oh wait... we had a baptism!!! Yeah, another one. We have been blessed with a lot of miracles here in Elche. The ward hasn't had a baptism in over a year and we just had three baptisms in the last three weeks. Elche is on fire! All of the prayers and little things the members have been doing are finally bearing fruit. Another testimony that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. To be honest, I don't even remember if I sent you the photo of the last baptism we had, so I will send you both. It has been a great miracle and blessing. I actually think that it is my favorite baptism just because of the great miracle story behind it. I think I might have told the story before but I will tell it one more time:
About two transfers ago we visited a less active member named Isaac Torremocha. He was a really good guy but he was pretty much done with everything. He was just laying on the couch and didn't really want anything. In fact, he is only in his 40´s but has already had two heart attacks. He isn't overweight or anything he just has poor health. Well, he had pretty much given up and we aren't really sure what we did but the next week he started coming to church and that itself was a miracle. A long story short, the two daughters both got baptized this last Saturday and their mom is on the path to baptism. Their goal is to be sealed a year after the mom's baptism. It was a great service the last week. I baptized one of the daughters and one of our recently returned missionaries baptized the other. Elder Jordan didn't baptize either of them only because he arrived 3 days before the baptism. Anyways, here are the photos of the baptism.
Also, this last Friday we had another one of those days called Dia de Diamante. We were to have no citas and only contact all day in the streets. As a mission we  got more than 2600 futures in one day. All of this with the goal of having more than 70 baptisms or more in August. Anyways, the mission is going great. I have to do some traveling ths week. We are going to Alicante to have interviews with president on Wednesday and then on Thursday I have to go to Almeria to grab my DNI card so I can stay here legally for the last three months of the mission haha. Actually, my old card has been expired since February, so I am only going to grab this card and have it for a few months but it's necessary in case the police pull me over for whatever reason. Anyways, I will take more pictures and we'll talk soon!
Love
Elder Card

No comments:

Post a Comment