Opening My Mission Call

Opening My Mission Call
August 16, 2010

Monday, February 13, 2012

Road Trip

Well... talk about a roadtrip! Last week was pretty much just travel all day and see people that I haven't seen in a long time. On Tuesday I had a leadership conference in the mission home so it is time to travel to Málaga, but my companion also had to travel to do some residency work in Cádiz on the other side of the country so we set off on Tuesday morning by bus to Granada. Once we got in Granada we connected on another bus and on that bus were three other missionaries. Elder Hatch, Bradley and Jones. I had been Elder Hatch's companion back in Puertollano and I knew Elder Bradley because he was in my district there as well, so it was a great surprise reunion. They too were on their way to the leadership conference. Then, we get to the mission home and have the conference over two days and there I saw a lot of my old former district members and just a lot of people that I hadn't seen in a long time, so ti was a great reunion. The reunions continued when I stayed the night in Málaga and met up with more people. Now this doesn't sound exciting at all I am sure, but for me, it was one of the best weeks ever. I formed really tight relationships with these people and it was awesome to see them again for the first time, in some cases, a year.
 
Well, when we got back to our area a few days later we realized that we had no investigators that really were progressing, so what did we do? We fasted and hit the streets, with zero lessons planned and tried to see what we could do, and it was a great day. A long cold day, but a great day. We talked to everyone in the streets and it was just awesome. We got a lot of peoples' information and now the next step is to see if they want anything more. I'm sorry it wasn't that great of an email, nor eventful week. Well, to me it was haha. This week was filled with great reunions and days of nothing but talking to people on the streets, so it may not be eventful for an email, but it was one of the best weeks I have had. Well, next week when I talk to you I will be officially 21!!! Woohoo crazy. Actually... to be honest, I am sure it will be a completely normal day in the mission field haha. But, I appreciate all of the birthday wishes. Thanks for all of the support! Stay in touch!

Love
Elder Steven Card

No comments:

Post a Comment