Opening My Mission Call

Opening My Mission Call
August 16, 2010

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Time Flies When You Work Hard



Monday, September 10, 2012

Dear Dad, Mom, Liz, Kirstie, Ashlynn, McKay, Family and Friends,

This past week flew by like a dream. I can´t believe it´s close to the
middle of Setembro. I learned this past week that as you lose yourself
serving others, thinking less about yourself, and more about helping
others overcome their personal problems, the problems and concerns in
your own life seem to disappear. I witnessed this as we worked like
crazy this past weekend to teach people, that we´d encountered in the
street, in their houses the message of the restoration of Christ´s
church on the earth today. Saturday evening we went to the house of
Ianderson, Fabiana and their family to teach them how their home can
have more peace and love. It was amazing to see how receptive they
were to our lesson and then to hear them say that they´d been looking
for a church and a religion where they could feel peace and happiness.
After teaching the restoration to them and having a spirit of peace
fill the room, I committed Ianderson and Fabiana to be baptized at the
end of this month. They responded that they will do everything in
their power to be prepared for baptism at the end of this month. As we
left their house that evening I could feel a warm feeling within me
and that is when I realized with more surety that this church is the
church of Jesus Christ and baptism is the only way to gain eternal
happiness. Look for people in your everyday life that lack peace,
happiness and unity in their families and their life and open your
mouthes and share the gospel.

Love
Elder Hokanson


No comments:

Post a Comment