Opening My Mission Call

Opening My Mission Call
August 16, 2010

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Week 1

It's so hard to believe that I've already been in the MTC for over a week! The days feel so long though because of all the class time we have. "The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days." is a common expression around here, and it is so true. Each individual day seems to take forever but lookign back it is amazing how fast it has came. Sometimes you'll seit in class for four hours at a time, go to eat lunch for an hour, go back to class for four more hours, then have an hour for dinner, then three more hours of class. It is insane!!!

I've learned though about the things that get me through the day: Meals, gym, mail, talks, and the Temple. First, meals. Meals I look forward to so much. The food is not the best in the world but you have to look at what they're doing. They have to cooik for thousands of missionaries. I enjoy it though. The two bad things are the eggs and orange juice. The eggs aren't real and you just NEVER drink the orange juice. There are horror stories about it. So I have to resort to drinking apple juice. Also, you getr $6 a week to spend at the bookstore so I just load up on the snackage.

Second, is gym. For five days a week for 50 minutes a day they let us loose and go wild in the gym. You can either play basketball, four square, volleyball (A zone favorite) or just go and work out. I;ve been playing a lot of volleyball lately cuz that's what my zone plays and I found out Im actually not too bad at it.

Third, is going to get mail. We, as a district, go to check twice a day for mail. It's always a great event. Before lunch and dinner we all get worked up on wheter or not we will get mail that day. You definitely get your heart and dreams crushed if you receive no mail that day, so to whoever is reading this..... feel free to sned some excitement to my MTC life. By the way, if anyone wants to send me stuff for Christmas, know that it has to be here by the 22nd or else we won't receive it til after Christmas =)

Next, are firesides and devotionals. I like to think I am two for two on these. The first one I went to was the First Presidency Christmas message. It was so awesome. Back at home, I don't even know if I would be interested to hear it, but on Sunday I was so pumped. I don't know if it was a sudden new love for the prophet or because there is nothing else to watch. Then on Tuesday we heard from Elder Zwick from the Seventy. He had an awesome message, and I jsut can't wait for an apostle. Jeffrey R Holland came like two weeks before I arrived. I really hope he shows up again for the holliday season!!

Finally is the temple. I got to go for the first time today and it was so amazing. I have some good pictures that I will try and email you or send your way next week. Our sessions are at 7AM but it is well worth it. I'm up at that time anyways now, and it just puts a great start to the day. And as for the language, it is coming faster than I expected. I didn't think I would ever learn the language this fast. And as for the language, it is coming faster than I expected. I didn't think I would ever learn the language this fast.  Anyways, I love all the support that you have all sent my way, I read every single letter I get, and I have been responding to every single one! I love them all, it makes the day go by so much faster when you receive mail. So thank you all!!! I will try and update you next week on my progress.

Love,

Elder Steven Card

By the way I just wanted to add in this story. So get this.... Spain called me and they said that they lost my passport! So pretty much...... I had to start all over. So I had to have my dad overnight all of my information to the MTC. But, then they called me and I guess they ended up finding it. So maybe I can still get to the Madrid MTC if I get my visa soonish. I will keep you updated. I just thought it was a good story!! That's all =)

No comments:

Post a Comment