Opening My Mission Call

Opening My Mission Call
August 16, 2010

Sunday, September 4, 2011

August 22

So..... as some of you may have heard.... I got emergency transferred this last Tuesday!!! It has been such an intense up and down week!!! President Clegg called me on Tuesday morning and said I needed to pack my bags because I was going to be on a train to Aljarafe that same day at 6pm. Quite an adventure..... Since I had zero time to say goodbye it was kind of difficult to leave a place that I called home for 19 weeks of my life. I didn't even get to take a picture with any of the members. Hopefully, I can see them again. I quickly packed, which was horrible, then hopped on the AVE and took it so Sevilla.

We arrived and I met my new companion, Elder Josh Hall from West Jordan, Utah. He is the same "mission age" as Elder Hatch, so nothing new really. Just a new face. He actually is pretty similar to Elder Hatch in personality, so it should be an easy transition lol. Our new piso is actually a 4 story house. It is pretty narrow though so don't get the impression we are in a mansion, just a small house, but tall. It is way old fashioned, so its a bit scary at night, but its extremely comfortable. We even have a piano in the house!! I have found myself playing on it a lot during my free time. I need to be practicing considering, I am now the ward pianist. Can you believe that in a ward there is not one person that plays the piano, or I am just the best that plays the piano out of the 40 plus members that we do have. Take your pick. It's a miracle I learned how to play that well considering before the mission I could barely play anything.

Over the past week I have learned the new area, and we even have a car, so I am in the process of getting my international drivers license. It's a good thing I learned how to drive a stick before the mission. All the members here are really nice, and super caring. I have already had a bunch of eating citas and I am loving it. This last Sunday at church I got to speak and I basically just told my conversion story and said that we need member references because that is where the true success comes from. The stake president was there and afterwards he came up to me and told me his conversion story and told me how he too was the only member and convert in his family. He is a cool guy. Well... what more to say?? I am just trying to figure out where I am right now. I am in Aljarafe, a pueblo of Sevilla, but man.... I got so lost this past week. Here is my new address

C/ Jara Nº14
41927 Mairena del Aljarafe
Sevilla
España

I hope to get some nice stuff at my new home, wink wink. Okay. Adios for now!!!

Love
Elder Card

No comments:

Post a Comment