Opening My Mission Call

Opening My Mission Call
August 16, 2010

Friday, January 7, 2011

Groundhog Day

At first I had no idea how Trevor didn't know what to write when he started giving updates of his MTC life. Now I realize a little bit more. It just feels like Groundhog's Day everyday. The days feel so long, but it's insane to think that I have been here for over a month. Time does indeed fly. The oldest district had visa problems to Mexico so they all got reassigned in the Utah area and leave Saturday. It's sad to see them go. Like I said last week it's crazy to think of how close i can become to these people in such a short amount of time. I can't wait to hang out with all of them when I get home. Anyways, they leave tomorrow so now my district will be the oldest district in our zone. Oh, the leadership and seniority!! I look back at all of the newest elders and hermanas that we got and I can't believe that I have learned as much Spanish as I have in the past month or so. It is truly amazing what you can do when the Spirit of the Lord is helping you.

Today, we went to the temple for the first time in a long time, because of the holidays. It was an awesome time, as always. I love going, and I have definitely found a new love for the temple while I have been here. I had more family names needing endowments so I got to do those today, which was really cool. Hmmm, what else to talk about? Well, the district that got in after us here in absolutely insnae. The reason being probably because there are no hermanas in their district to keep them sane. They have wrecked havoc while being here and have broken things in the hall and are loud 24/7. I personally couldn't handle it anymore so I went up to them and talked to them about it haha. It was funny, cuz they thought i was upset or mad, but I just wanted to get some sleep and personal quiet time. During that quiet time I have found it good to read Jesus The Christ. It is such an amazing book. I have tried reading about a chapter or two a day, and I'm about 230 pages in at the moment. I plan on finishing maybe even before i get out into the field. It is just such an awesome book and if you have never read it, I highly suggest you do so.

Other than all of the usual, the MTC life here is just the same every single day. Thankfully, I have a bountiful amount of ties so I can customize it up every day. Even multiple times a day if needed. I thank everyone reading this for their support and love. I hope to make these a bit more exciting in the coming weeks!!! Stay in touch!!

Love,
Elder Steven Card

No comments:

Post a Comment