Opening My Mission Call

Opening My Mission Call
August 16, 2010

Sunday, June 17, 2012

May 10 - Chicken Pox

Hola all,

No need to fear! In case you didn't hear  I caught the chickenpox.... Yep. I have no idea how it happened but I did. It was one of the last things I did before I left Huercal Overa to come to Elche, I said goodbye to the branch president and his kid had chickenpox. I figured I had no need to fear since I had been vaccinated but I guess I am one of the four percent or so. However, the doctor told me even though that the vaccine is meant to stop you from catching it, it also lessens the severity of it if you ever do catch it, therefore, I was only suffering for a few days and then I am good to go. Now I know why parents give it to their kids early on purpose. It is super uncomfortable as an adult. However, now I am out and about and all is well. 

In the week and a half when I was in the house I was able to accomplish a lot. I cleaned and organized and we played a lot of card games, Elder Redd and I. We played Gin and Go Fish, and Cribbage and a multitude of card and dice games. I have almost completely reread the Book of Mormon and I also turned into quite the chef. With all of my spare time I could cook a bit more, so I have been cooking lunch and dinner for us. The past few days I have made some scalloped potatoes, Au Gratin potatoes, risotto, terryiaki chicken, and others. I loved it, it was way fun. Well, I think you can all understand that there isn't too much to say in this email. I have just been in bed, getting better and what not. Now I am ready to go. I know that all of this was for my good, so I am not really worried about it. Now I just need to work harder to make up for the lost time and enjoy!

Until next week!

Love
Elder Card

No comments:

Post a Comment