Opening My Mission Call

Opening My Mission Call
August 16, 2010

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Easter Time!!

Well ladies and gentlemen, we just got done with Easter. It was quite a week in Spain I must say. Here, the Catholic church is king and so this Holy Week was filled with processions (parades) and full of little miracles as well. This week was truly special. For the last few weeks we have had a really hard time with the amount of investigators we have. People will tell us to come back and then they will end up failing us. Or they will have interest for a lesson or two and then drop us. We just haven't been able to find those elect. However, we know that the Lord is always preparing people and that with time all will come through. We were talking about it a bit this week, my companion and I, and it's amazing to look at how our missions have gone. We both have had ups and downs but the truth is that there is no better place or thing to be doing than where I am and what I am doing now. 

I think about it almost daily. Where would I be if I didn't go on a mission? If I didn't join the church? My life would be so different that I cannot even fathom what it would be like. I started out as an innocent little kid who joined the Church because I felt like it was the right thing to do, and now Easter Sunday of 2012 I feel as if my testimony of the Church and of Jesus Christ is so grand that I can hardly sit still; the Gospel needs to be preached. Three years ago I didn't even think in God. To me, even talking about the subject was awkward and weird. Now, I feel like everyone must hear about it. Not one person can go pass without at least having the chance to hear it. The thing is is that I am still the same person. My family still knows me as Steven, my friends know that I am still the same laid-back, funny, easy-going person, and I am still all of that, but now I am all of that with a purpose. I am still the same Steven Card of three years ago, but improved. The Gospel makes bad men good, and good men better. Not to classify myself as a good person, but I know that this Gospel has made me a better son, a better friend, a better person. 

I now realize that there is a purpose to everything. That God does exist and that Jesus Christ is the Savior of all mankind. I still smile when I say it (or type it) because a few years ago you would never hear me say those words. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet as well, and that this Restoration just makes sense. After all is said about the church and the gospel, I remember that this Gospel just makes sense. If anyone sincerely listens and wants to know the truth they will find it here. I often dream about sharing what I have received so freely to everyone, and then I wake up and realize that my dreams have come true! Day in and day out I do nothing but walk around in the streets and tell people that the True Church of Jesus Christ is on the Earth. 

This Friday the whole mission is doing something extremely special. The whole mission is cancelling all of the appointments they have and they will spend the whole day in the street to just talk to the people about this great message. The hope being that "perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we are supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some." I would spend all day in the street and sweat and go without food and water if it meant that just one man or one woman would listen and accept this message. 

Anyways, Easter is always an amazing time of year. Instead of chocolate eggs and bunnies (which they don't do here) I spent it watching videos of Christ's life and studying the scriptures and I have never felt happier. Perhaps, one day, all of my friends and family will be able to partake in the fullness of joy that I feel nearly everyday. I hope that my happiness and joy is manifest. I have never been happier. Pray for us that we might find some of those that are waiting for us this Friday. It will be a day full of miracles!

Love
Elder Card

Elder Card in April visiting the animals
"The chicks just love me!"
Semana Santa
Watching a video of the Restoration
More Semana Santa Photos
Virgin Mary
Nazarene
PS I attached some Semana Santa photos

No comments:

Post a Comment