Opening My Mission Call

Opening My Mission Call
August 16, 2010

Sunday, June 17, 2012

May 29 - Oh, the things you learn


This week has been fairly crazy. We are trying to manage all of the work we have and it is pretty fun trying to manage it all. Lately, we are stopping by all of our fechas and trying to animate them to keep going strong and it is working. A lot of members and even investigators are bringing their friends and family to church. This week I have also learned how to speak Bambara. It is a tribal language from Mali in Africa. We have an investigator who speaks it and has taught us how to speak a lot of phrases because almost all the Africans we see are from Mali. Now when I stop them in the street I can see, Stop for a second, I want to talk to you. Where are you going? What is your name? My name is... How is your family and a bunch of other random words. It actually has helped. I have been able to get a lot of people's info just by trying to speak to them in Bambara.
Speaking of Africa I just got word of who my new comp is going to be: Elder Barbosa! He is from Africa! He can speak Portugese and Spanish but doesn't speak much English so I will help him with that. Well, I will let you know how it is going next week because right now I am in Alicante and the cyber cafe is fairly horrible. It took me about 20 minutes just to type all of this. The keyboard keeps bugging out. Until next week then!!
Love
ELder Card

No comments:

Post a Comment